What are your holiday party plans? Doing a Home workout may not be on the list…
We all have holiday parties to attend. Whether it’s at work, in the neighborhood or with family, it is hard to dodge those tasty holiday treats!
Well, it can be done – if you have a plan.
Check out these six tips and home workouts to help you stay on track during the holiday season:
• Offer to bring a healthy dish – there are so many options, just ask Google or check our website. www.spartafit.co.nz
• Don’t stand next to the food table. Get your food, grab your plate and go eat somewhere else. All of the grazing by the table will add up!
• Focus on spending quality time with family and friends, instead of overindulging in treats and food. Play games, tell stories, help with tidying up after meals. Do whatever you have to do to keep your mind off the treats.
• Load up on non-starchy veggies, like green beans, broccoli, spinach, etc. that are going to help you feel ‘full’.
• Sloooooooow down — remember your brain is 15 minutes behind your belly. Take your time and chew your food. Savour the flavours thus enjoying the company of the people around you.
• Have your veggies first, then protein and save the starch for the end. The idea here is that you are less likely to overeat starches after eating veggies and protein first.
Commit to the best version of you over the holiday season!
Start 2020 right by signing up for the 6 Week Challenge.