Share with your friends!
Does Your Diet Need A Makeover?
The purpose of the SPARTAFIT 6 Week challenge is to get you into healthy eating habits by encouraging you to cook and consume nutritious yet delicious whole foods. It is also an excellent excuse to remove all the naughty treats such as chocolates, lollies or biscuits which you have sitting in your pantry.
Let’s be honest. Anything processed with a long list of ingredients you can’t even pronounce and a 5+ years ‘use by’ date cannot be too good for you, can it? So get rid of it.
Having a good base in your pantry will make your life much easier as well as prevent you from snacking on unhealthy foods.
Lets join us on your Diet Makeover?
Pantry Foods To Toss
- Highly refined carbohydrates – white rice, white bread, white pasta, couscous
- Processed snacks – biscuits (sweet and savory), chips, muesli bars, crackers
- Spreads- non-organic butter, margarine, vegemite, Nutella, unnatural peanut butter
- Baking – white flours, white and brown sugar
- Oils – Vegetable oil, canola oil, sunflower oil, soybean oil
- Confectionary- lollies, chocolate
- Cereals – added sugar cereals
- Sugar beverages – fruit juices, cordials
Fridge Foods To Toss
- Condiments – added sugar sauces, barbecue sauce, teriyaki sauce, honey mustard, bottled salad dressings, mayonnaise
- Dairy – non-organic dairy, yellow cheeses, skim milk
- Sugar Beverages – soft drinks and alcohol
- Processed meats- salami, deli meats, sausages, franks
Pantry Foods To Stock
- Cooking Oils – Coconut Oil (virgin or refined), organic butter
- Salad Dressing Oils – extra virgin olive oil, sesame oil
- Vinegar- Balsamic vinegar, apple cider vinegar (raw cloudy is best)
- Flours- brown rice, quinoa, buckwheat, almond, coconut
- Gluten Free Grains- brown rice, quinoa, rolled oats, buckwheat, amaranth, black rice
- Legumes (canned is fine, no salt added is preferred)- chickpeas, lentils, black beans, kidney beans, 5 mixed beans
- Fish (canned in spring water and Australian farmed or wild) – salmon, tuna, sardines
- Condiments- dairy free pesto, natural peanut butter, almond butter, ABC (almond, brazil, cashew) spread, whole grain mustard, diced tomatoes (no salt and sugar added is preferred), soy or tamari sauce, tahini
- Natural Sweeteners- stevia or natvia (liquid or powder), cinnamon
- Nuts & Seeds (unsalted raw, not roasted)- almonds, cashews, brazil nuts, walnuts, flaxseed, chia seed, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds
- Dried Fruit- goji berries, cranberries
- Miscellaneous – cacao powder, Himalayan pink salt, sea salt, Celtic salt, vegetable broth (reduced sodium preferred), all dried spices with no added preservatives, sugar or salt
Fridge Foods To Stock
- Vegetables – all vegetables
- Fruits- all fruits
- Condiments – natural hummus, pesto
- Dairy/Non-Dairy – reduced fat cheeses, organic butter, unsweetened almond milk and coconut milk, natural Greek yoghurt
- Protein (organic or free range is best)- eggs, chicken breast, lean beef mince, lean steak, lamb, turkey, tuna, salmon, barramundi, mackerel, snapper
Interested in joining our next challenge? Click on this link and we will get in touch!
In association with revolution chiropractic NZ